Friday, March 23, 2007

Slow start, hoping for better

I slept in very late today, and just now took my first ride (5:30 p.m.). They were locals, with a short ride. I recognized one of the guys and asked him if he worked at a hotel. He said yes, but he got fired about a year ago. When I asked why, he said, "Because I'm short."

Well, he was short, but I doubt if that's why he got fired. He declined to elaborate. He was just tall enough to give me a decent tip.

I made a small mistake with him, though. I told him and his friend that even after two years I still don't know his neighborhood very well. It was off of Sweetwater Rd, and I don't get in there too often. He understood me as saying I don't know the entire city, and tried to give me turn by turn directions. I had to clarify that not knowing his particular street doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

No comments: