Thursday, March 22, 2007

Difficult ride

I just dropped off in the Gaslamp Quarter with another cab. It was a party of six, so they needed two cars. The other driver was from the Middle East, and his driving would reveal that to anyone who didn't already know. Twice we were in freeway lanes that were ending -- clearly marked as such. Each time the guy waited until the lane actually ended, then hit his brakes and fucked around to make his merge. I did the sensible thing, merging right away.

He dropped off first, and left right away. After my guys got out and paid, the people he had driven came to my car and said he side-swiped a parked car when he left.

I asked if they were sure because I couldn't see any damage to the parked car. They seemed fairly upset, saying it's illegal to leave the scene of an accident. I was hoping they would just drop it. One of them got out his cell phone and said he was inputting the licence number of the parked car.

Not sure what they're planning on doing. I said I'd talk to the other driver.

The problem is that if I turn the guy in, all the cabbies in town will turn against me. Also, he's just going to deny it, which should be safe considering I couldn't see any damage to the car he allegedly hit. I'm going to leave it be.

No comments: