Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday night is moving

My first ride today had a special request. "Can you drive really fast?" It was a young couple who needed to go from a southern suburb to the Berkeley, a museum ship moored along Harbor Drive in downtown, for a wedding. They had 15 minutes to get there, and it's a 20 minute drive. So I unleashed the Police Interceptor (breaking no laws that I'll admit to). Suffice it to say a 4.6 liter engine will carve a six lane freeway like a Thanksgiving turkey.

The next ride was a Marine Corps officer with his British wife. She told me her father is a London cabbie who drives one of the classic black taxis. After a great conversation about London cab rides, the cheap bastards stiffed me.

I remember all the addresses of worthless sons of bitches who stiff me. They tend to wait a very long time for their next cab ride. I wonder if they're smart enough to figure out why?

No comments: