Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tolkien's new book

I just ran out to get Tolkien's new book, "The Children of Turin". I can't wait to get started. I've read his main works: "The Hobbit", "The Lord of the Rings", and "The Silmarillion".

From 1985 to 2005 (or so) I read "The Lord of the Rings" annually. It's that good.

"The Silmarillion" and, hopefully, "The Children of Hurin", gives readers a chance to find out about a long and interesting history only briefly mentioned in LOTR. For example, Sauron, the nemesis in LOTR, was a mere captain to Morgoth, a much older and more powerful figure. "The Silmarillion" and the new book deal with Morgoth, among other things.

I got "The Children of Hurin" at the Hazard Center (Mission Valley) Barnes & Noble store for $26. I also picked up a book on Microsoft Access so I can learn to write better queries for the fares database.

No comments: