Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cruel duck

It's 1:45 a.m. and the city has died completely. I'm about 200 yards from the Pacific Ocean with a nice, cool breeze coming on. I can hear the breakers. The sky is dark and I'm watching the stars. I'm totally at peace. I feel like I'm sitting in a Thoreau story.

Except there's a duck in the fountain beside the hotel making so much noise IT SHOULD BE SHOT. How can one little animal make so much noise? There is nothing to honk at! He's just sitting there all by himself. Now I know why people started making foie gras.

I'm enjoying a perfect evening beside the Pacific Ocean, and one little bastard has to spoil it.

There's a security guard standing between me and the fountain. I should offer him $20 to "pop a cap in his ass". We could toss him on the exhaust manifold and have an early breakfast. I think I have a ketchup packet somewhere.

Hey, I'm kidding. He is really obnoxious, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you're an F'in hypocrite. A duck who's doing what ducks do, namely quack, should be shot but you want to toss the guys out of your taxi cause one of them said that Al Sharpton should be shot? How friggin ridiculous are you? I think you are the one who needs a bullet to the brain to knock some sense into you