Thursday, July 31, 2008

Coffee and Fire Hydrant

A few days ago I cleared in downtown, near Ketner and G, which is in the southwest area of downtown. This is close to the It's a Grind coffee shop on 1st and G, so I headed that way to see about a parking spot. They also have free wifi. There were no parking spots open, so I decided to take G all the way up towards 11th, then get on I-5.

While sitting at the light at G and 1st, I got my green and started to move, but I had to slam on my breaks because a Red Cab ran the red going crossways. I looked closely, and I'll be damned if it wasn't Fire Hydrant, the guy who got fired from our company after backing over a hydrant and causing an awful mess and thousands of dollars in damage. This isn't the first time I've run into him -- almost literally -- since he got fired from our company. See this post.

No comments: