Sunday, August 24, 2008

The streak is intact

I've now worked every day since July 13. It's the busy season in San Diego and I'm trying to take full advantage. I still cringe when I think about what we call the taxi recession of 2007. This was actually the 2007-8 winter season, when there was no business to speak of. Our old timers said at the time they hadn't seen it that slow since right after 9/11. Oldtimer doormen at the hotels said the same thing.

Since July 13, 2008 I've had two days where I worked two hours or less. One was due to my car having an electrical problem, and the other was due to anger. One Sunday afternoon I was hearing great rides all around me, and I was getting all no-gos and short, local trips. I've been getting better at letting this stuff go, but on that one occasion I was so angry I left -- but the streak is officially intact.

Even with the high gas prices, money stacks up when I work 8-10 hrs a day, 7 days a week. I'm giddy whenever I check my bank balance.

No comments: