Sunday, February 3, 2008

Saying goodbye to a friend

Here's my friend asleep on the couch about a
year ago. Remotes were his favorite pillows.


My cat died last night. I can't believe it. I've had him three years, since he was about five months old. He was an indoor-outdoor cat who slept on my bed every night and wouldn't let me go to sleep until I played with him for a while. I got home from driving the taxi at about 3:30 a.m., to find him in the dark, at the foot of my steps. He looked fine; I have no clue as to what took his life. What an awful night it was. Today isn't much better.

I'm really going to miss my buddy.

Rest in peace, my old friend.

6 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

I am so sorry Ted.

&hearts &hearts to your kitty.

I live alone with my kitty and life would be lonely without him.

Brent McD. said...

sorry to hear about this. much too soon

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that. He looked like an awesome cat.

Ted Martin said...

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

I mentioned to my cab driver buddies the situation, and one actually said: "You can always get another one."

As a bunch, we cabbies are not terribly civilized. That's not the right thing to say to somebody, even it was "just a cat," as another driver said.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, much too soon. Sorry for your loss.

drc said...

How awful! So sorry!