Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Russian Whore

I finally got the Russian Whore. Other drivers have been talking about her for weeks. She's blonde and has a thick Russian accent -- very exotic. She is beautiful, and I would guess in her early 20s. Other drivers think she's a whore because she goes to different (and expensive) condo buildings in the downtown area. This isn't definitive, but it's fairly easy to spot patterns with regular customers.

When I got the bell on the radio I already knew who she was -- other drivers had mentioned her address several times, such as, "Ted, have you gotten the Russian whore yet? She's at 1234 ABC St."

She got in and asked for -- you guessed it -- an upscale condo building downtown. As is standard procedure, I called dispatch and reported my destination.

Her: Why do you call in like that (with the sexiest accent I've ever heard)?

Me: It's standard. We have to call in our destination every time. It's for driver safety (which is partly true).

Her: Oh.

When I was on a cab stand two hours later, a driver walked up to me: "You finally got the Russian Whore." He patted my shoulder, like I had just been initiated into a club.

No comments: