Friday, May 11, 2007

Caddyshack cab

Do you remember the Judge Smails character from Caddyshack? "Well, we're waiting."

I waited months to get the thumping sound fixed, and it was allegedly done this week. New shocks are what the doctor Fred ordered. It is worlds better, but the problem persists. I can now go 60 instead of 55 on the freeway, but at the speed limit (65), it still shakes. And the awful grinding noise is still present while turning in a parking lot or hotel circle.

It will probably take another four months and six communications to the office -- two in writing -- to get it fixed again.

Under consideration is doing repairs myself, with my own tools, at my own house. Even if I only billed for parts, it might be worth it for the time I save. Plus, lives wouldn't be at risk.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments: